No Need to Ban Proton-M Launches – RSA
MOSCOW (RIA Novosti) — The RSA (Russian Space Agency) said Thursday
there is no need to ban launches of Proton-M rockets following
the recent failure of the Arabsat 4A communications satellite.
A Proton rocket
blasted off from the Baikonur Space Center in Kazakhstan Tuesday
evening carrying the satellite, but the craft was not put into
the proper orbit due to a malfunction on the Briz-M booster and
said a special commission had been set up to investigate the causes
of the failure.
connection and given that the next launch of a Proton-M rocket
is scheduled for the second half of May 2006, it is currently
unnecessary to ban launches of these carrier rockets," the